Analyze existing retail and office market conditions along Nicollet Avenue in the Steven’s Square neighborhood. Provide recommendations for site redevelopment and absorption of additional retail types.
Client: Stevens Square Community Organization
Length: Jan 2008 – June 2008, 6 months
– Calculate trade area demographics, trends, projections, commuting patterns, traffic, income, household expenditures.
– Evaluate all sites and structures on the avenue including type of business, customer draw, and market position.
– Evaluate vacant store fronts for overturn potential, determine viable types of retail at each location
– Interview city officials and stakeholders on pending and future retail and office developments.
– Recommend re-branding and structuring into “gateway” district, focus redevelopment efforts on Village Center Mall as anchor, market area to appropriate retail types appropriate to existing resident incomes.