Objective: Plan, implement and oversee approval process for new Urban Bean coffee house location at Lyndale and 24th Street including licensing for food, liquor and sidewalk cafe. Develop interior and exterior concept with client and architect.
Length: December 2010 – September 2011, 10 months
- Designed effective interior and exterior visualizations in Google Sketch Up, allowing client to make appropriate material selections to save costs and time.
- Provided detailed architectural renderings to assist contractors in construction.
- Made suggestions for improvement in final designs including placement and configuration of bar and seating.
- Provided necessary documentation and renderings for City of Minneapolis food licensing, liquor licensing, and sidewalk cafe approval process. All three applications were approved.
- Engaged community stakeholders for a successful approval process.
- Obtained revised reduced SAC/WAC (sewer-water access) fees from Metropolitan Council by painstakingly acquiring and providing historic licensing data on the space.
- Delivered professional conduct in speaking and writing, instrumentally acted as liaison for client’s needs and goals.